OMD’s Prefab ShowHouse, a development of the Portable House, exhibits the ideas of prefabrication, flexibility, portability and compact spaciousness. Its central kitchen/bath core divides and separates the sleeping space from the eating/living space in a compact assemblage of form and function.
The steel frame structure, measuring 12 feet by 60 feet, was trucked to its site and set on a temporary foundation. Its exterior is clad with metal siding and translucent polycarbonate panels, while its interior features a high sloping ceiling, a Boffi kitchen and bathroom, iPort sound system, flowing ventilation, radiant heat panels, and a variety of sustainable floor and wall materials.
Whether briefly situated in an urban lot, momentarily located in the open landscape, or positioned for a more lengthy stay, the Portable House accommodates a wide range of needs and functions.
The price of this Jennifer Seigal designed modern modular house has been reduced to $175,000. 1650 Abbot Kinney Blvd. Venice, CA 90291
OMD Prefab Advantages
• Custom Architectural Design - OMD works personally and closely with our clients to achieve their dream home.
• Construction faster in the factory than site built (by less than half the time). Foundation and building in construction simultatneously.
• Prefab building means: stockpiling materials, less worker transportation, less waste, etc.
• 15% cheaper than site 'stick' built.
• Steel frame building versus wood - stronger, better in earthquake.
• Much less neighborhood disturbance - less noise, less dust.
• Design and permitting time is faster.